With the advancement of technology, it has birthed various software that help people communicate faster, namely Hotmail and Outlook. So if you’re still puzzled on how to sign in to your accounts, then just continue reading this tutorial.
Before anything else, please know that Hotmail was the previous name of the mail service owned by Microsoft. It then became as MSN Mail and was again renamed as Windows Live Hotmail. But today, it is now known as Outlook. So do not get confused.
SIGNING IN USING COMPUTERS
Let us say that you have created your Microsoft account and is ready to sign in to your new email inbox. To begin this process, here is what you’re going to do.
1. Go to your desktop’s or tablet’s Google Chrome or web browser of your choosing.
2. On the address bar, type in https://outlook.live.com/owa/
3. Once entering the website, hover to the top right side of the screen and click Sign In.
4. Once you did, you’ll be taken to the login window. First, type in your email and click Next.
5. After doing so, it will now ask for your password. Type it in. Below it is a box where it has, “Keep Me Signed In” label. Check it if you don’t want re-login in the future.
6. With that, you’re finally log in to your Microsoft account!
SIGNING IN USING PHONES
Of course, if it is accessible using a laptop or tablet, it is also accessible to smartphones. Here is the step by step on how to sign in using your phone.
1. If you have not gotten the Outlook app, install it first on Google Play or the App Store. If you already have it, proceed to step 2.
2. Once you open the application, you will see the outlook logo with a blue button that say “GET STARTED.” Click it.
3. Upon doing so, you will be led to an “Add Account” area. It will also ask to enter your work or personal email address. Please do so and click the Continue button at the lower right side of the screen.
4. Next is that it will ask for your password. Enter it and click the Sign In blue button.
5. Once it loads up, it will ask if you would like to add another account. Skip it if you will not and continue if you will do so.
6. After showing a few instructions, it has now successfully logged you in!
SIGNING IN USING A DIFFERENT EMAIL SERVICE
Signing to your Outlook account in a different email service platform is also possible. If you don’t want to have another email app, you could use one and log in all of your accounts. This is how it works.
For this tutorial, I will use the Gmail application on my phone.
1. Head over to your Gmail app.
2. At the top right screen, you will see a circle either with your photo or the first letter of your name. Click it.
3. Once it opens, it will show the email accounts you have stored in the app. Scroll down and click on Add Another Account.
4. It will now show you a list of email services. Since we are logging in with our Outlook account, choose the Outlook, Hotmail, and Live option.
5. After it has loaded, it will now direct you to the web’s sign in windows. As usual, input your email.
6. Enter your password.
7. That’s it! You have successfully logged in your Microsoft account in your Gmail app.
SIGNING IN PROBLEMS
Since technology is not perfect, there will always be problems that will be encountered.
It could be really frustrating, especially if you have to answer an important email. So here are a few sign in problems you might encounter in the future and how you will fix it.
We have all been there. With so many accounts to keep up, we usually forget it.
But do not fret because as long as your phone number or alternative account is linked to your main Outlook email, then the problem will be easily solved. Here is how you do it.
1. Input your email first.
2. Once it led you to the password window, under it, click the Forgot Password.
3. After doing so, it will then lead you into a Recover Your Account window with some instructions. Put your email once again and click Next.
4. It will then ask you to verify your identity by sending a security code. Options will be listed below if you want to receive it through your mobile number or email.
5. After doing so, it will ask you to input either the last four digits of your mobile number or your alternative email address. Fill those in.
6. Then, a seven-digit security code will be sent to you which will be inputted.
7. Once your done, Outlook will ask to reset your password and you’re now good to go.
Dreadful but it is the truth. Your account will be hacked at least once in your life due to malware, virus, or simply irresponsible keeping of your passwords. But it is okay since you will still able to gain access to it once you follow these steps.
1. Do the logging in as usual but instead of putting the password, click the Forgot my Password.
2. Options will be listed on the following screen. You will choose the I think someone else is using my Microsoft Account choice. Click next.
3. Next is that you will put the email address that you believe was hacked.
4. Captcha characters are followed below. Correctly put them on the provided space then next.
5. This step is now similar to the FORGOTTEN PASSWORD. Choose an option on how you will receive your security code.
6. Input it on the space then reset your password.
7. Then finally, you have regained control of your account.
Now that was the tutorial on how to sign in to your Outlook or Hotmail account. My only advice to leave you here is to change your passwords regularly and keep them in a place safe. Lastly, logging in is easy but making sure its security is up to date should be remembered. Keep it updated to avoid any problems.